Monday, May 01, 2006

Musings at 37

Its generally considered bad form to blog about things which are meaningful to one person only, i.e. the blogger.

But since hardly anyone reads this blog anyways .... here goes !

So I had my 37th birthday yesterday. And it seems to me that what they told me is about right. It does get easier with age - and maybe life does begin at forty after all.

Life can be a hard slog at times. But I'm happy to report that it does get better. Maybe because one gets used to it - or maybe because one is too tired to notice. But mostly, I think, because, with age, comes acceptance. Of one's own self, as well as of others.

I'm not there yet. I still get worked up far too often over far too trivial things. But at least with so many years behind me, I can often - though not always - look back at the things that have worried me before. None of them killed me, all of them passed - and none left any permanent damage that I can notice.

Perspective.

I guess this is why people climb mountains. For sometimes you have to walk a long way before you realise that it's OK to sit down and take a breather.

No comments:

Post a Comment