Friday, October 26, 2007

The best things in life are pointless ?

Are the best things in life free ? I don’t know – but the best things are often pointless.

Or they appear to be.

For instance I started programming on a commodore64 years ago – I had no idea why I was doing it, except that I was driven by intense curiosity. Any yet, while not aiming to do anything in particular with that skill, I ended up influencing my life in several ways – mostly good ways – through that experience.

It seems that as we grow older we try to get more rational, which, ironically, makes us less successful. Because at the end of the day, the heart knows best.

It does not know why, but it does know best.

And when we stop listening to our heart and start being completely rational, when we lose the ability to be pointless, we often seal the fate of our own possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment