Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New year anyone ?

So it's another new year.

There was a time when I used to get all shook-up about the turn of the year and stay up till midnight to write a sort of personal year-in-review.

Then I went thru the phase of doing new year resolutions.

Now I just sleep.

Funny how almost everything loses novelty if you do it enough times.

But here's the thing: My (nearly) 11 year old son was excited enough yesterday to stay up till midnite and have a little party all by himself (he had some fries and coke if I know correctly).

So here is reason # 754796 for having kids: you get to relive the excitement of things that you got jaded with years ago.

And you start to understand that more and more, your life will consist of living vicariously thru your kids - and that's just fine by me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment