Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Why do we accept 80:20 ?

Why do we live with the 80:20 rule ?

If 20% of the customers bring in 80% of the revenue, why don't we become smarter about going after the profitable segment instead of casting a wide net and hoping that 20% will work out ?

If 20% of the employees do 80% of the work, why don't we get smarter about hiring and training only the 20 that we need - instead of accepting our inability to recruit a uniformly smart group ?

1 comment:

  1. Hamza M4:23 AM

    Love the thought... especially on the 80:20 on the employee bit... no wonder entrepreneurial ventures usually have the hardest working workers because the company starts of with that critical 20% ...and when they are successful THEN they get fat by employing the other 80%! Kinda reminds me of marriage and the ever growing waist line! :P

    ReplyDelete