Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The power of beauty and missing the leaves for the trees

I have a lovely view from my office window. Hills, trees, sky, the works.

I was staring at the trees today when I put on some music as I consumed my usual lunchtime sandwiches. And somehow the melody of the music I put on seemed to get in time with the movement of the leaves on the trees.

It was magical. It was as if the leaves were putting on a graceful dancing display for my benefit, in time with the music.

And it occurred to me that that the leaves flutter in the breeze everyday, but I rarely look at them. It took a beautiful piece of music to put me in the right frame of mind to notice their beauty.

There is beauty all around us, but we're often so wrapped up in ourselves that we fail to see it. Sometimes, it's good to put the mind on idle, forget the distant worries, and just enjoy the joys near to us.

1 comment:

  1. Glad that you took time to appreciate that. If one is not going to do this for himself, nobody else would.

    I've been wrote something similar yesterday as well. Its funny how much diverse drainage is required to cure sinusitis... :o)

    ReplyDelete