Sunday, February 22, 2009

Commodore 64 - Days of Coding. Part 2

I've blogged about this before here and here.

Here's the next one in the series. Actually this is the first one that got published - but I'm not scanning them in order.

This was a project to update a BASIC compiler that had already been published. What I did was to change it from a Disk-based system into a RAM-based system, and I added a few more bells & whistles along the way.

Since the whole thing was in 6502 Machine Language (I didn't have the Assembly language for the original of course) this involved reverse engineering a lot of 6502 ML, which was a lot of fun.

It was published in this issue, and they paid me $400 or $500 for it, which was a lot of money. Paradoxically, I bought my first PC with the money !

From Compute - Sprint III


From Compute - Sprint III


From Compute - Sprint III


From Compute - Sprint III


[skipping a few pages of hex code]

From Compute - Sprint III



It was quite a thrill getting the letter (This is '92 - no Email ! I do miss letters though!)

From Compute - Sprint III


Here's some pages from my coding notes while doing this stuff.

From Compute - Sprint III


From Compute - Sprint III


Well, that's all for this entry. I'll be sharing more magazine issues later.

Commodore 64,
Compute+Gazette

No comments:

Post a Comment