Monday, July 11, 2011

Sanity - and the definition of infinity

Here's the basic math of sanity:
 
The number of things I own will always be finite.
 
The number of things I don't own will always be infinite.
 
This will be true even if I own everything that is on my must-have list today. Because there will be things I don't want today but might start wanting tommorrow. And there will be things which I don't know exist, but as soon as I discover their existance I will start wanting them. And there will be things which have not even been invented yet, but as soon as they are invented and as soon as I discover their existance, I will start wantng them. As I said, this category is fundamentally infinite.
 
Therefore what I have (finite) will always be less than what I don't have (infinite)
 
Chasing infinity is a recepie for madness. Sanity is rejoicing in the finite.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Nauman Khawaja9:35 AM

    Well said Farid but what to do with capitalistic attractiveness?

    ReplyDelete