Friday, March 23, 2012

The roadside tea stall

I was up at Bhurban this week for a couple of days. On the morning of my checkout I enjoyed a wonderful cup of tea looking out over the glorious mountains from the comfort of the restaurant.

On the drive back though, I pulled over at a roadside tea stall for another cup of tea. (Dudh patti actually, but close enough). As I sat there on a plastic chair in the open space taking in the cup I had to admit that this one, while one-tenth the price, was much much better.

And I also figured out why.

For life has its ups and downs. Today,  I think nothing of having a cup at a five-star facility whatever the cost. Tomorrow I could be a pauper, not even allowed entry at the upscale establishment.

But I'd always be able to enjoy the cup of tea at the roadside tea stall.


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:54 AM

    Only if you are a man, a woman will not be able to enjoy a cup of tea at the roadside tea stall !!

    ReplyDelete