Saturday, April 20, 2013

How do you know if you are there yet

Perhaps life's best quality is it's glorious uncertainty.

We all like to predict the future and plan for contingencies, but really, would we like to be right all the time ? If I'm heading for some big problem 10 years dow the road, do I really want to know about it right now ? No thanks, I'll wait. Of course knowing about it might mean preventing it somehow, but that goes into the whole pre-determined-or-not debate and I don't really want to go there.

One side effect of this is that we can never tell if we are where we need to be. Looking at the past I might be at the best place, but given what might be coming in the future, I might be horribly ill prepared.

So are we there yet ?

Not sure. But if life teaches you anything it is that you need to keep on walking regardless. About the only thing you can do is to take in the view along the way because whatever else might happen, you won't be coming back here again.







No comments:

Post a Comment